The UK trade mark registration process in brief:
- You apply online via the Trade Mark Direct website;
- Our trade mark experts perform legal checks on your application;
- If your application passes our checks, we file your application with the registry;
- The Intellectual Property Office (IPO) confirms receipt of your trade mark application within six days;
- An IPO examiner reports on your application within two months;
- If your application is accepted, your details are published in the trade mark journal within three weeks;
- After three weeks, if no oppositions are registered, your registration certificate is issued.